Brant County’s Fire Chief says knowing the location of an AED could safe a life.
Michael Seth says their goal is to have automated external defibrillators conveniently located so people can quickly access the lifesaving machine.
Thirty-two public facilities, plus all public and catholic elementary and secondary schools, have AEDs in the county.
Director of Paramedic Services, Russell King, says as the population ages and grows, the number of cardiac arrests will also increase and every second counts.
He says for every one minute delay in defibrillation, the survival rate of a cardiac arrest victim decreases by seven to ten percent.
After more than 12 minutes, King says the survival rate of adults is less than five percent according to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.
AEDs can be found in many public facilities within the County of Brant including:
- Airport Community Hall, 3 Airport Rd., Brantford
- Bethel Stone United Church Community Hall, 154 Bethel Rd., Brantford
- Brant Sports Complex, 944 Powerline Rd., Paris
- Burford Agricultural Hall, 6 Park Ave., Burford
- Burford Community Centre, 14 Potter Dr., Burford
- Cainsville Community Centre, 14 Garnet Rd., Brantford
- Glen Morris Centennial Hall, 17 Dunbar St., Glen Morris
- Mt. Pleasant Community Centre, 711 Mt. Pleasant Rd., Mt. Pleasant
- Oakland Community Centre, 3 King St. N., Oakland
- Onondaga Community Centre, 42 Brantford St., Brantford
- Pinegrove and Howell Community Centre, 492 Lynden Park Rd., Brantford
- South Dumfries Community Centre, 7 Gaukel Dr., St. George
- St. George Lawn Bowling Club, 8 Thompson St., St. George
- St. George Memorial Hall, 36 Main St. S., St George
- Syl Apps Community Centre, 51 William St., Paris
County of Brant Customer Service Offices:
- Burford Administration Office, 26 Park Ave., Burford
- Onondaga Customer Service Office, 42 Brantford St., Brantford
- Paris Cemetery Office, 116 King St., Paris
- Paris Community Service Office, 15 Curtis Ave., Paris
- Paris Customer Service Office, 66 Grand River St. N., Paris
- Burford Library, 24 Park Ave., Burford
- Glen Morris Library, 474 East River Rd., Glen Morris
- Paris Library, 12 William St., Paris
- Scotland-Oakland Library, 281 Oakland Rd., Scotland
- St. George Library, 78 Main St. N., St. George
- County of Brant Fire Administration Building, 61 Dundas St. E., Paris
- Scotland Fire Station, 43 Simcoe St., Scotland
- St. George Fire Station, 72 Main St. N., St. George
OPP Brant Detachment, 28 Mechanic St., Paris
Parks and Pool:
- Burford splash pad & picnic area, 14 Potter Dr., Burford (inside the women’s washroom under the pavilion)
- Green Lane Sports Complex, 8 Green Lane, Paris
- Paris Community Pool, 80 Laurel St., Paris
- All public and Catholic elementary and secondary schools