The Grand River Conservation Authority is installing warning booms or white buoys to warn paddlers, anglers and boaters to stay away from the dams.
Spokesperson Cam Linwood says the water around dams can look peaceful but water surges can create strong undertows.
Linwood says the older orange booms are gradually being replaced by yellow ones to meet Transport Canada regulations.
He says the booms will be installed, weather permitting, from April 20th to May 3rd.
• Friday, April 20th – Rockwood and Everton
• Monday, April 23rd – Byng Island (Dunnville)
• Tuesday, April 24th – Caledonia and Wilkes Dam (Brantford)
• Wednesday, April 25th – New Hamburg and Parkhill (Cambridge)
• Thursday, April 26th – Bissell and Drimmie (Elora), Shand Dam (Belwood)
• Friday, April 27th – Conestogo and Woolwich
• Monday, April 30th – Guelph and Wellington Street (Guelph)
• Tuesday, May 1st – Baden and Wellesley
• Thursday, May 3rd – Breslau and New Dundee