As of, Sunday May 24th, Brantford Transit is only allowing a maximum of 15 passengers, in order to maintain the safety of the operators. They are also encouraging passengers to wear face masks.
From the City of Brantford, following service changes are still in effect:
- Blocking off select seats so customers can practice physical distancing while riding the bus
- Asking all customers to board and exit the bus using the rear doors. People with accessibility needs can continue to board and exit using the front doors
- Providing extra services to industrial areas
- Offering free transit service until further notice, removing the need for people to visit the terminal to buy or renew bus passes
- Reminding customers to only ride the bus for essential travel (e.g. work, medical appointments and grocery shopping)
- Operating on an hourly schedule (every 60 minutes) Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Running evening routes from 8:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. (routes 11,12,13,14 and 15)
- Monday to Friday morning rush half-hour service from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. remains unchanged
- Sunday service remains unchanged and will continue to operate hourly from 8:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.
- All buses are cleaned and disinfected every 24 hours including frequent touchpoints like handrails, buttons, seats and straps
- Each bus automated voice callout system has also been updated to remind passengers to wash their hands and follow COVID-19 best practices as instructed by the driver.
- Brantford Lift service customers are asked to avoid all non-essential travel. Mobility services will be screened as many are older adults who may be more at risk of severe illness