The City Council has extended financial relief measures until September 30, 2020, to assist property owners who are experiencing financial difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Penalty & Interest on 2020 unpaid taxes only will not be charged up to and including September 30, 2020. Tax arrears related to 2019 and prior years will still be charged 1.25% interest monthly.
- Post-dated cheques on file for property taxes will still be deposited unless the property owner contacts the Property Tax Office to request the cheques be held for future deposit or returned.
- The final 2020 property tax due dates are June 26 and September 9 and we encourage property owners who are able to pay their taxes to do so by these dates.
- 12-month Pre-authorized Payment Plans (PAP) and Due Date Payment Plans will proceed as scheduled but property owners can contact the Property Tax Office to suspend the plan for their accounts until further notice without penalty. Property owners choosing to suspend their PAP plans must notify the Property Tax Office in writing at least 7 days prior to the scheduled withdrawal of funds from their account.
- Late payment charges will not be charged on water/wastewater utility accounts in arrears up to and including September 30, 2020.
- The $40 Non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee for returned cheques will not be charged up to and including September 30, 2020.
The Property Tax Office can be contacted by phone at 519-759-4150 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Water account holders can contact Customer Service Utilities at 519-756-1360 or email@example.com.