After the few months of closures, pick ups only from certain places, Ontario’s first stage of re-opening started today. The re-openings include:
- Retail Services that are not shopping malls and have separate street entrances with limiting the number of customers in the store, and booking appointments beforehand. Only fitting rooms with doors would be used, not curtains, to facilitate disinfecting. Retailers would restrict use to every second fitting room at any one time to allow for cleaning after use and ensure physical distancing.
- Seasonal businesses and recreational activities, including training and sport competitions. Includes: indoor and outdoor non-team sport competitions that can be played maintaining physical distancing: tennis, track and field, and horse racing.
- Animal services, such as pet grooming & training, and regular vet appointments.
- Vehicle dealerships and retailers: New and used, Recreational, Boat, watercraft and marine supply dealers. And other vehicle dealers of motorized bicycles, golf carts, scooters, snowmobiles, ATVs, utility trailers, etc.
- Lifting essential workplace limits on construction
- Office-based media operations involving equipment that does not allow for remote working. Such as: Sound recording, such as production, distribution, publishing, studios. Publishing, including periodical, book, directory, software, and video games. Interactive digital media, such as computer systems design and related services (e.g., programming, video game design, and development).
- Libraries for pick-up or delivery
- Domestic services: housekeepers, cooks, maids, butlers, personal affairs management, nanny services, babysitters, other domestic personnel, etc.
- Cleaning and maintenance service: house cleaning, indoor/outdoor painting, window cleaning, pool cleaning, general repairs.
- General maintenance and repair services can resume, and are no longer limited to “strictly necessary” maintenance.
- Scheduled surgeries
- In person counselling
Please keep in mind to continue to physical distance, wear masks & gloves, and always wash your hands after every activity. Also keep in mind that some retailers are not comfortable to re-open. Once everyone feels comfortable, Shop local!